GeM is a short form of one-stop Government e-Market Place hosted by DGS&D where common user goods and services can be procured. GeM is dynamic, self-sustaining and user friendly portal for making procurement by Government officers.
Public procurement forms a very important part of Government activity and reform in Public Procurement is one of the top priorities of the present Government. Government e-Marketplace (GeM – gem.gov.in) is a very bold step of the Government with the aim to transform the way in which procurement of goods and services is done by the Government Ministries and Departments, Public Sector Undertakings and other apex autonomous bodies of the Central Government.
1. Direct access to all Government departments.
2. One-stop marketplace for marketing with minimal efforts.
3. One-stop marketplace for bids / reverse auction on products/services
4. Dynamic pricing: Price can be changed based on market conditions
5. Seller friendly dashboard for selling and monitoring of supplies and payments
6. Consistent and uniform purchase procedures